Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I Can't believe I ate the whole thing! Why diets fail and what to do about it.



Exorcise the Demon



Every year, I swear I will have better control – that I won’t pig-out again. Every year, the same thing happens. In spite of my best intentions to stay present and in control, the Glutton Demon possesses me. He’s a sneaky little beastie, whispering in my ear that all that gooey wonderfulness won’t really hurt me – that I just think I’m allergic to it.


After the holidays, the faithless fiend deserts me, leaving me alone with the results of my folly.


Now, fat I can deal with. I am high energy and don’t have much problem there. However, the bloat from toxic overload?  Suffice it to say, I’m in a world of hurt. I used to mistake the bloat for fat, and try dieting it away. I’ve found there is more to weight gain than meets the eye (or waistline).


If we try to diet away toxicity, we are compounding the problem.


I have no illusions that I’m the only one the Glutton Demon visited this year. Yet we are all very different, and thus require different approaches to the art of exorcism.

With this in mind, I’ve compiled some very powerful and informative “The Science of Magic Radio” interviews I’ve hosted over the last years, with some of the top experts on diet, health and detoxification.


The following leading edge information is my gift in helping you find your personal method to exorcise the demon.


To your health.


With love,



~ Gwilda Wiyaka ~





Physical, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual Cleansing 
For an Abundant Life
~ Gwilda Wiyaka ~


Every tradition has some sort of cleansing practice designed to support physical health and spiritual enlightenment. Jesus was reported to have spent forty days fasting in the wilderness.


Some accounts indicate that Buddha spent 49 days fasting to facilitate his enlightenment.

The Native American Lakota people practice the Inipi, or sweat lodge ceremony, to purify body and spirit to assist in healing, or before any major spiritual event.


There are traditional herbs for purging used by some societies, and the list goes on.

If we set aside the religious variations, and simply look at the cleansing practice, we see that spiritual enlightenment and, for that matter, physical, emotional and mental health, is a question of frequency. The more our systems are bogged down by toxins on all of these levels, the more our frequency is compromised.


What are these toxins? Where do they come from? What effect do they have on the overall quality of our life? How can we, as modern people, free ourselves of toxins? What are the benefits of cleansing?



Our guest this hour may have some surprising answers to these very questions.  
Jonathan Glass, author of “Total Life Cleanse,” is a Master Acupuncturist, Certified Ayurvedic Therapist, and herbalist, who has served on the faculty of the New England School of Acupuncture, and The Dharma Institute of Yoga and Ayurveda. An advocate of group-supported cleansing, and co-creator of the Total Life Cleanse, he has facilitated thousands of students through his transformational cleanse program. Jonathan has been in private practice since 1987 and, with his wife Katherine, co-founded the Healing Essence Center located in Concord, Massachusetts.

His website: total-life-cleanse.com






The Danger of “Healthy Food”
~ Gwilda Wiyaka ~

It was in my garden I first noticed a plant defending itself. I was preparing to brace one of my prized tomatoes, heavy with green fruit. I’d just taken hold of a branch when a pungent odor hit the air.


It wasn’t the first time I had noticed the phenomenon. Everything would smell normal, until I happened to brush against a tomato plant while weeding, and, just like magic, the smell would manifest. My skin would itch where I’d come in contact with the leaves of the irate plant.


What other ways do plants defend themselves, I idly wondered, before going on about my business?

No matter how seemingly “healthy” our diets, many of us are plagued with weight gain, inflammation, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, allergies, and the list goes on.


This just doesn’t add up. What are we missing?


What if our food is far from helpless, and our modern practices of growing, feeding, harvesting, and shipping out of season, has put our health in serious jeopardy?

What if the widespread practice of feeding livestock soy and grains to fatten them, when it would not be a food they would normally eat, alters their meat in such a way as to be detrimental to our health and wellbeing?


After all, it’s not wise to fool Mother Nature. We’ve hardly begun to understand the complex, seemingly magical, interrelationships between everything in the natural world, and yet we feel free to alter it willy-nilly, without understanding the ramifications of doing so.


To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven.





With us to examine this modern dilemma is Dr. Steven Gundry, a renowned cardiologist, New York Times best-selling author and medical researcher.

During his 40-year career in medicine, he has performed over 10,000 heart surgeries and developed life-saving medical devices.

His book, “Dr. Gundry’s Diet Evolution,” instructs how to heal and avoid surgery through diet.  His second book, "The Plant Paradox," a New York Times bestseller, outlines a 90-day plan for some of the world's most pressing health issues.

Dr. Gundry practices medicine at his Center for Restorative Medicine, and International Heart & Lung Institute in Palm Springs and Santa Barbara, CA.



His website: gundrymd.com





Too Young to Feel This Old
~ Gwilda Wiyaka ~

In my early forties, I became convinced I was falling apart. I’d developed severe eurythemia, racing pulse, high blood pressure and was unable to digest. I was always bloated and retaining water. My joints and muscles ached, hair falling out, and exhaustion plagued my every waking hour. At the same time, I couldn’t sleep well, waking numerous times a night. Pain, depression and brain fog were my constant companions. No matter how little I ate, my weight kept climbing. I had dark puffy circles under my eyes, I looked much older than I was.


“I’m too young to feel this old,” I complained to my husband at the time.


“So go to the doctor,” he suggested without looking up from his paper.


I knew he was right, I needed help, but being extremely sensitive to pharmaceuticals, I’d not had great luck with allopathic medicine. I was desperate enough to try one more time.


After a barrage of tests, something was said about fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, but, long story short, they didn’t know what was wrong with me. I was given numerous medications from blood pressure meds to antidepressants. As had been my experience in the past, the side effects were overwhelming.


While before I thought I was falling apart, now I was convinced I was dying! I decided to settle for falling apart rather than death by side effects and looked for other alternatives.

I started seeking out holistic practitioners there. It was a long and winding road but eventually I unraveled much of what had happened to my health. All the symptoms that were being treated as separate diseases were actually caused by one thing – inflammation. My body was actually attacking itself.  

What had caused my health to decline at such a young age? What are the hidden causes of inflammation?  How many "mysterious" diseases really have inflammation at the root?



Our guest this hour may very well have some answers for us. Dr. Tom O’Bryan is the author of ‘The Autoimmune Fix’ and recently released the docu-series “Betrayal: The Autoimmune Disease Solution They're Not Telling You”, an investigation into the global effects of issues underlying our autoimmune system and chronic disease. Tom is considered the ‘Sherlock Holmes’ for chronic disease and metabolic disorders. Which he treats from a Functional Medicine Perspective. Tom holds teaching Faculty positions with the Institute for Functional Medicine and the National University of Health Sciences. He has trained and certified tens of thousands of practitioners around the world in advanced understanding of the impact of wheat sensitivity and the development of individual autoimmune diseases. Dr. O'Bryan believes in making a difference in the world, one healthy human being at a time.

 
The Anatomy of Energy Healing
~Gwilda Wiyaka ~

We are coming to understand that healing is more than just a physical endeavor – that there are actually four levels that need to be addressed in order to regain health;

physical, emotional, mental and spiritual (or energetic.) True and lasting health requires a balance between all four aspects.


Whether we use traditional methods, or seek out alternative care, we are probably familiar with physical healing, emotional processing and healing our thoughts and belief systems but what of that mysterious land of energy healing?


The energetic or spiritual body is every bit as complex as the physical one if not more so. It consists of chakras, meridians, auric fields, and energy centers. Our spiritual bodies allow us to interface with everything else in the world and beyond at the quantum level.


What goes on there? Do our energetic bodies affect our physical health? If so how? For that matter, how do we diagnose what is happening in the invisible world of energy? We are beginning to hear a lot about energy healing but what exactly is it – religion or superstition – truth or fiction – science or magic?



With us this hour to hopefully shed some light on these esoteric mysteries is 
Wendy De Rosa, a national and international intuitive energy healer, teacher and author of “Expanding Your Heart: Awakening Through the Four Stages of Spiritual Opening,” “Energy Healing Through the Chakras” and  “Bouncing Back: Thriving in Changing Times.” Wendy is the founder of “The School of Intuitive Studies” and “The Healer Training Program.” She offers online and in-person classes in intuitive energy healing and developing intuition. Wendy is a yoga teacher, and retreat leader.

Her website:  school-of-intuitive-studies.com


Detox Tea



Ingredients:


1 - Organic lemon (juice of)


1 - Tablespoon unsweetened organic cranberry juice


1 – Cup organic dandelion tea


Add filtered or distilled water to make 2 – quarts



Drink on an empty stomach every morning and sip on all day; drink one quart a day, interspersed with copious amounts of purified water.




Enjoy in good health




~ Gwilda Wiyaka ~









6 comments:

  1. Gwilda, thanks for the recipe for Detox Tea! I will try it, it sounds delicious for sipping. Healing on all levels is my goal. I enjoy new ideas and revisiting and expanding old structures and beliefs for my healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry, I am sure you will enjoy the tea I know I do and I drink it daily. It is amazing how many of our illnesses are due to toxicity. I will make a point of interviewing more practitioners on the subject.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing such great information for healing our whole being....body, mind, heart and soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beccy, You are ever so welcome. As we move into an era supporting unity it becomes increasingly important to treat imbalances on all levels so we can restore sovereignty and re-enter the circle of life. I rejoice in being on this journey together.

      Delete
  3. Great information! I will get after that tea (as soon as the foodie demon leaves...) Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...That darn Glutton Demon gets you when you lease expect it. I hope what we offer helps you in your exorcism attempts. :) May you be restored to health and wellness soon. Evolution awaits us.

      Delete